How To Create OS X Lion Recovery Disk On USB Drive
I’m going to upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion. Before that, I shall do a recover backup to make sure I able to install back OS X Lion if I wish or if i dont like Mountain Lion (just in case). It is nightmare to download OS X Lion again from Apple server due to the download error and decent download speed. OS X Lion Recovery drive will be the best and smartest way to repair or reinstall OS X Lion on my iMac without re-download the whole package. It is just few steps to complete this task. Firstly, you need to..
1. First of first, prepare a unused USB drive to work as recovery disk drive. You will lost the pen drive as it will only be used as recovery drive afterwards.
2. Plugin you USB drive with your Apple Mac.
3. Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility
4. Format your USB as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format. See here if you do not know how.
5. Now, proceed to Apple website here, download OS X Recovery Disk Assistant . This tool is used to create the recovery disk to your USB drive.
6. Install the tool and you should see page below.
7. Select the USB drive you have formatted. In my case, I use OS X Lion Installer.
8. Click continue.
9. Wait the recovery disk to complete creation.
10. Your recovery disk UDB drive is now complete.
Feel free to try your recovery drive with you newly created USB drive.